We’re here

We made it to SF last Saturday afternoon, after we drove all day (8hrs)…that’s way too long. We drove across the “Grapevine”, that’s a bitch, the wind was blowing 30mh, deep drop offs, never again in the RV. It was beautiful country, everything was green and hilly. The highway switches around, the northbound is on the left and southbound on the right, interesting when you’re driving it. After we arrived at our RV spot, (Trailer Villa), we went looking for food and drink. Downtown Redwood City has nice downtown area, lots of restaurants and bars. (A little bit of info, our nephew Jordan married his lovely wife Erica here awhile back and had their reception at the old court-house, it’s now a museum. By the way they just had their first child, Henry). We found an Italian place on Broadway called Vesta, we got a pizza and stopped and got beer and we went home.

What a wild Saturday night…

I have to tell you I slept pretty good after the drive and a few beers. After I made breakfast Sunday morning we went out and purchased our train cards and went into SF. It was game day so the train had a big crowd, the train drops you off about two blocks from AT&T stadium (now I know were my phone bill payment goes). We wandered around the city for a few hours on and off the trolley train, had a few cocktails and lunch at one of our favorite places, Gott’s, what great food they have. It was good being in the city again, we missed it. Not a lot has changed, still homeless people everywhere, It’s hard to believe they can’t come up with a solution and clean it up and I don’t understand sanctuary cities, why they think its good. Enough of my soap box… We try to explore as much as possible. This past Saturday we went and spent the day at Stanford University with my ex sister in-law Sandy (Bob, Greg and Jeff’s mom), boy what a great campus,     we walked all day and saw only part of it. Our grandson Justin wants to go to engineering school, they have a great program. Justin just in case you wondered….image1image2

Barbara put in his first week of training, she came home with so much more knowledge. She likes the hospital and she has met some good people, hope we can get together with them soon. Tomorrow she starts her regular shift of 11am – 7:30pm, it should be interesting she hasn’t worked that shift since Charlotte, 2008. I found a job as a driver on demand, working for dealerships moving cars from one dealership to another. That super busy but it gets me out of the house. I do have an interview tomorrow with a valet company working customer service. I can’t wait to piss somebody off, I’ll keep you posted.

I’m sure the next 11 weeks will be filled with fun and we’ll be doing mega exploring.

Always remember…

“It’s not a job it’s an adventure”





Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s